Sunday 27 March 2011

The Book of Nymph


A book cover design inspired by Audrey Kawasaki. The girl in Audrey Kawasaki's paintings is really suitable to be in a book cover about nymphs. I have studied her paintings and painted this digitally. I imitated the expressions and of one of her painting "As I fall" and the body shape of another painting "asai 1". I gave the background a very oceanic and mermaid-like feel as nymphs are popular to be on water and looks like mermaids in the ocean. I enjoyed painting the nymph although it is absolutely impossible to be compared with Audrey's original work but I have tried my best and have learnt a lot through the painting. This book is targeted at those both genders and for those whom are curious and interested in this kind of genre. The whole picture is mysterious to draw audiences attention to get curious about the contents inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment